Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Learn to Row 2021
Learn-to-Row: Weekday or Weekend sessions
Weekday Learn to Row takes place on Wednesday evenings from 6:15 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. over five weeks. (The first class is orientation and takes place on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
Weekend Learn to Row takes place on Sunday mornings from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. over five weeks. (The first class is orientation and takes place on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
What to Wear
- Form-fitting shorts or leggings (spandex is best) and a close-fitting top
- Loose or overly long clothing is not suitable for rowing and can cause injury if it gets caught in the equipment; if you choose to wear loose clothing to the boathouse, please layer your tighter-fitting layers underneath.
- Locker rooms are also available (please bring your own lock).
- Sneakers that you don't mind getting wet
- Layers for cool weather if appropriate
What to Know
Rowers should bring their own water in shatter-proof bottles as well as any paperwork required by the coaches.
Rowers must know how to swim, be able to lift 10 lbs overhead (you will be responsible for
carrying part of your boat), and be able to squat fully to enter and exit a boat.
Sunday, March 28, 2021 to Friday, October 22, 2021
Baltimore Community Rowing
3301 Waterview Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230
Payment In Full In Advance Only
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
Session 1: Weekend-AM - Learn To Row
Session 2: Weekday-PM - Learn To Row
Session 3: Weekend-AM - Learn To Row
Session 4: Weekday-PM - Learn To Row
Session 5: Weekend-AM - Learn To Row
Session 6: Weekday-PM - Learn To Row