Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Intro to Row
Sunday, April 7, 2019 to Monday, October 7, 2019
Baltimore Community Rowing
3301 Waterview Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21230
(Click the down-arrow to the left of the activity/item to view the details)
Interested in learning more about the sport of rowing? It's as easy as 1-2-3!
(Geared for those age 18 + years. )
Step 1: Intro to Row
On the first Sunday morning of each month, Baltimore Community Rowing offers a 3-hour class to introduce participants to ergs, boat handling, and dock rowing. (Fee: $25) This class is required before moving onto Learn to Row.
Participants should be at least 18 years old to sign up (anyone under 18 years old is encouraged to sign up for the juniors program. Find them at Reach High Rowing (insert link here).)
Find more information here.
What to Wear:
· Tight-fitting shorts or leggings (spandex is best) and a close-fitting top
· Loose or overly long clothing is not suitable for rowing and can cause injury if it gets caught in the equipment; if you choose to wear loose clothing to the boathouse, please layer your tighter-fitting layers underneath. Locker rooms are also available (please bring your own lock).
· Sneakers that you don't mind getting wet
· Layers for cool weather if appropriate
What to Bring:
· A large refillable water bottle
· Sunscreen (for reapplying)
· Hat or visor
· A nonperishable snack and extra drink
Fee: $25 per 3-hour session